Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A to Z Blogging Challenge: C is for Crescent Cove!



I mentioned yesterday that Chasing Forever Down is set in the fictional surf town of Crescent Cove, California. I adored creating and writing this town. I wish it was real so I could move there! When writing, I much prefer to create fictional locations rather than using a real locale. It eliminates a lot of research as well as gives me the creative freedom to add anything I want. Need a tropical smoothie shack? Want a boating store to rent jet skis from? Just feel like having a random haunted music hall in your town? NO PROBLEM! Creating a fictional town/country/planet opens so many doors and gives you full control to truly transport your reader to the world you want them to spend time in while your story is in their hands.

Which do you prefer - real places that you may could visit someday and see the sights for yourself or a fictional place with zero limits that you can daydream about and wish was real? Or maybe a blend of both?

1 comment:

  1. I usually use real places when I write about cities, and made up ones when I use smaller town settings. Not that I have written about so many different locations...

    I wish I were more fiction oriented. :) I admire that you can create entire towns to set your stories in.

    ReplyDelete