Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

A to Z Blogging Challenge: F is for Forever!



The theme of "forever" is a pretty big part of Chasing Forever Down (obviously lol). My MC, Haley, is on a search for her own forever rather than the forever her parents have planned for her. I think this is one of my favorite things to explore in YA fiction. I also think it's a very universal subject. Chasing down your dreams and finding the forever you want for yourself is something that you're always working toward, even at my age. *coughtwenty-sevencough* The fun thing about YA is that teenage characters aren't wrapped up in the world of paying bills and taking care of a family. The world is theirs for the taking. The options are endless. They're still "young enough" to do "whatever they want." The reality of electric bills and car payments haven't caught up with (most of) them. There's something about being 17-18 with big dreams and big plans that never gets old.

One of my big "forever dreams" was to write and publish books. Tell me something about YOUR forever.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, teens have that feeling they'll be young and invincible forever.

    Visiting from the A to Z. http://elizabethwatgibson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete