Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A to Z Blogging Challenge: H is for Horn Island's Hooligans!


Horn Island is the neighboring town in Chasing Forever Down. It's also home to a surf gang, West Coast Hooligans. The Hooligans might just be my favorite thing about the entire Drenaline Surf series. These guys are territorial, down for a fight, and incredible surfers. Originally, I needed my MC to meet some local surfers at a party (for one scene! maybe two!), but they took on a life of their own. Horn Island is as gritty and hardcore as its Hooligans, and I'm so excited for the sequel because the Hooligans have much more screen time! In a book that is set on the beautiful beaches of Crescent Cove, these guys definitely added the edginess I was looking for. While there's a lot of talk about professional surfing and the glory of defying gravity by riding on a wild splash of ocean, the Hooligans bring in the raw roughness of surfing - the injuries, the territory battles, and the brotherhood.

The Hooligans are my own little bit of crazy in a beautiful world. They keep it real. Tell me about your edgy/real/authentic/gritty characters! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment