Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

A to Z Blogging Challenge: L is for Lyrical Love!



Music is a huge part of my writing process. Sometimes, songs remind me of characters which results in the addition of a chapter to my story. I've incorporated character traits, actual characters, themes/ideas, and different scenes from song lyrics. My novel Chasing Forever Down actually spawned from a Taylor Swift song. One of my favorite things to see other authors talk about is their playlists. It's really awesome to see music inspiring others as it does me, and sometimes I even find really great new artists through other authors' playlists. At a later date, I may explain why some of these songs were so important, but for now, I'm going to share the playlist (in the best order possible) for Chasing Forever Down. Enjoy!

"Enchanted" by Taylor Swift
"The Great Escape" by Boys Like Girls
"Can You Find Me?" by The Summer Set
"California" by Metro Station
"With You Around" by Yellowcard (this song inspired CFD's title)
"The Business of Paper Stars" by Hawthorne Heights
"This City" by Patrick Stump ft. Lupe Fiasco
"A Party Song" by All Time Low
"Get It Poppin" by Nelly ft. Fat Joe
"Gone Too Soon" by Simple Plan
"Ocean Avenue" by Yellowcard
"Scream" by Kill Hannah
"Tonight, Tonight" by Hot Chelle Rae
"Every Time" by Simple Plan
"I Swear This Time I Mean It" by Mayday Parade
"The Last Song" by Tim Halperin
"Back Home" by Yellowcard


2 comments:

  1. LOVE this playlist. I try writing with music, but sadly I fancy myself a dancer. The dancer can't sit still, so writing is difficult. Funny, I used to study to music in high school, don't know why it distracts me so much now.

    L = Leit-Motif

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki. Great to meet you via the A to Z challenge! *waving*
    Music is an integral part of who I am! I'm fortunate to be connected to music 24/7 and 365 days a year... as part of my work and my play!

    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete