Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

A to Z Blogging Challenge: V is for Vin!


On Tuesday, I wrote about Topher for the letter T. Today I want to talk about another character, one who is very opposite of Topher and who is very much like me - Vin.

Vin's character is very intense and a bit too serious at times. He carries the weight of the world on his shoulders. He bottles up his emotions and stresses out over things that are beyond his control. It's a guilty pleasure, but Vin is very misunderstood - but I think a lot of us feel this way at times. Characters like Vin are like onions; you have to peel back the layers. And once you poke around in that onion enough, it can bring you to tears.

I think Vin and I could both take a lesson from Topher and live life a little more freely, but at the same time, we're both level-headed and (a bit too) logical and keep the ones like Topher grounded in moments where they want to dive over the edge without a parachute. Maybe someday I'll find a happy medium between the two.

Who are some of your favorite intense, serious, misunderstood characters? (in books, movies, tv shows, or your own novels)

Also!! In honor of Vin, Chasing Forever Down is FREE right now on Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment