Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

A to Z Blogging Challenge: W is for Waves!



I don't think this post could've fallen at a better time because I'm having one of those choppy days. Life is like an unpredictable ocean. Some days things are calm; other days, storms sling our pirate ships around, and we hope to make it to that distant island, safe on dry land. I feel that way when I write as well. More times than not, I feel like the chop is bad, and my ocean is deadly for any surfer who may venture into its waters. Rarely does it feel calm and flowing smoothly. Even there, there are rip currents and sharks looming around. 

But the only way out is to ride with the waves. If things get tough, hang on tight to your ship or surfboard and inhale quickly when the wave tosses you into the air. If things are going smoothly, appreciate the moment because you never know when a bumpy wave is going to interrupt. If we don't ride with the changes, we'll drown. 

I'd much rather my books not drown. How about you?

2 comments:

  1. I love this metaphor! It's so true, too. A lot of my days are really choppy writing days. I guess I just have to learn to go with it. Turning off the internet might help, too but it's just so addicting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the waves that make you feel alive and really makes the sunshine smooth so good.
    #atozchallenge
    maggie at expat brazil

    ReplyDelete