Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

A to Z Blogging Challenge: X is for X Marks The Spot!




I honestly had no clue what I was going to write about for the letter X! But I did some soul searching (haha) and thought in depth about Chasing Forever Down and how anything could be X-related. There's so much in this story - surfing, a road trip, a romance, new friendships, and chasing down dreams. But Haley's biggest journey is finding herself. I'm a sucker for self-discovery and inner struggles in books or movies. I love seeing a character take off on an adventure with one plan in mind, then looking back after the fact and realizing it was never about the original plan.

I swore that CFD wouldn't be the first book I released. I had multiple reasons as to why this book shouldn't be a debut on my indie author journey, but looking back, I'm glad I did it. I've learned so much about this book. Even when you subtract the things I learned on a writer-level and indie published author-level (the cover art, formatting, editing, etc), I learned a lot about myself.

Haley's story is a journey. Her X happens to be marked in California. I think I'm still looking for some of limbs to my X in life, but publishing this story was a big journey for me, and it definitely marks a spot in my life that wasn't fulfilled. Soon it'll be time for a new journey, and while I'm both scared and excited, I don't think anything will compare with CFD's journey with me.

Tell me about a journey you've been on lately! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment