Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A to Z Blogging Challenge: Z is for Zombie Asylum!


Some time ago, back around the letter E, I mentioned a character whom I refer to as "Enchanted Emily." Let's face it - she's my sister. In Chasing Forever Down, Enchanted Emily relays an important piece of info to my main character, Haley, and Emily will be a much more important character in further books in the Drenaline Surf series. Enchanted Emily works a vendor booth on The Strip called "Emily's Enchanters", where she sells her hand-sewn non-voodoo voodoo dolls. Each doll comes with his/her own story. This was as huge shout out to my sister Emily. She really does make these things, though she doesn't call them Enchanters in reality. In the book, she sells Haley a rock band of Enchanters named Zombie Asylum.

Guess what? Zombie Asylum exists. They're MY rock band dolls made by the real Emily. I'm so very proud of them, and I had to show them off because people think the Enchanters are just some cute, unique thing I came up with for a book. They're not. They are very real, and my sister's craftiness is worth bragging about and showing off!

From L to R: Caspian, Declan, Pickett (my favorite), Nicholas, and Bones.



And that concludes 2013's A to Z Blogging Challenge, which I somehow survived! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment