Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Official "Falling From The Sky" Announcement!

I figured it's finally time to do an official announcement about Falling From the Sky. To be 100% honest, I've been pushing this book back since I first made the decision to self-publish. I probably would've pushed all the way into 2015 due to a number of silly reasons. In all honesty, I wouldn't be publishing in February if it hadn't been for Amber of Paradise of Pages. She introduced this book to the world in this Waiting on Wednesday post. At first, there was the "Oh cool, Amber reads LGBT! I have a friend who supports this! How awesome!" moment. Then there was the panic of people knowing about this book.

I have a special bond with this book that I will never have with another book because it was my first. I'd attempted novels before, but in 2010, I sat down and actually wrote my first full-length, complete novel. It was a YA love story about a broken boy who goes to basketball camp during the summer and falls in love with another boy. It included graffiti artists, blue rock candy, and carousel horses. It's not just Ridge and Micah's story. It's the book I went into the author world with - through querying, rejections, rewriting, and now self-publishing. It's been three long years, and Ridge and Micah have waited somewhat patiently on my laptop.


The idea of this book has had a warm reception, which sets the bar pretty high but also gives me the confidence to say, "Hey, I wrote this book, and I love it. Now you get to meet Micah and Ridge too!" I've hidden behind American Girl on Saturn since its release in August, and I've had this terrible fear that FFTS wouldn't mesh well with the Saturnites. I live in the conservative deep south, where FFTS would be looked down on, and I've let it control my thoughts about releasing it for too long. But the truth is, I AM excited for this book. I LOVE this book. I love Ridge and I love Micah. (I realllllly love Micah) I'm not hiding behind fears of what people will think anymore. This book isn't for everyone, and that's okay. It is for someone, and that's what matters.

So you know what? I wrote this book, and I love it. Now you get to meet Micah and Ridge too on February 21, 2014! Go add it on Goodreads! :D ((Thank you, Amber!))


All stability in sixteen-year-old Ridge McCoy’s life crashed and burned in the plane crash that killed his dad. This summer-long basketball camp is his chance to improve his skills and escape his problems back home. But his summer plans take a turn in an unexpected direction when he meets Micah Youngblood, the guy who runs the carousel at the local mall and has a reputation for devouring straight boys’ heterosexuality for breakfast, alongside his chocolate chip pancakes. 

Ridge needs a way to avoid the guys at camp, whose only quest for the summer is to drown in beer and hook up with girls. So when Micah offers to explain how the ten unique horses on the carousel are significant to his tribe, Ridge takes him up on it. Still, Ridge can't decide if this is a bad thing or not. All he knows is that he hasn’t felt this alive since his dad fell from the sky, and as the horse adventures come to an end, Ridge finds himself falling as well – for Micah.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you are publishing it! I am so excited for it, and I know so many others are excited about it too! You have no reason to hide at all and I will be here for you every step of the way. You know I'm just a text message, or heck, even a short drive away if needed!!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete