Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Falling From The Sky: Playlist

Because I have a blitz going on this week for Falling From The Sky, I thought I'd share a few things throughout the week about the book. I always have a playlist for every book I write, and the cool thing about this book is that the playlist has had time to evolve since the book was originally written in 2010. Here's the revamped playlist, with coinciding chapters. I tried my best to avoid spoilers. For the most part, this playlist is in order as it goes with the book.

Airplanes by B.O.B. ft Hayley Williams - This song wasn't even out when I wrote the book way back when, and it wasn't an inspiration for Ridge's airplane prayers, but the first time I heard it, I instantly thought of Ridge. It's a good opening number for the book, though.

Falling From The Sky by Rookie of the Year - Obviously this is the song the book is named after. This is actually the song Ridge refers to hearing in the shoe store.

Dirty Little Secret by The All-American Rejects - Hi Micah. Let's spend the summer together. :)

Graveyard by Mest - Western Horse (aka Zombie Horse)

Seventeen Forever by Metro Station - Indian Horse (fish fry on reservation)

When I'm Gone by Eminem - Royal Horse (Graffiti Kings)

The Blue Roses by Rookie of the Year - This song inspired Micah's blue rock candy.

Why Can't I by Liz Phair - Fish Horse (sexual tension at the river)

Alive by Good Charlotte - Fourth of July Horse + first kiss. This song actually should be the theme song for the book. It didn't exist when I wrote the book, but when I got this album, this song sounded like Ridge & Micah's relationship. The second verse could've literally been written by Micah because it fits him perfectly.

Wounded by Good Charlotte - Angel Horse

Safe & Sound by Capital Cities - This is another one that didn't exist at the time of draft one in 2010, but every time I've heard it, it felt like this book. (Storm chapter)

Jamie All Over by Mayday Parade - Festival Horse (seeing Sebastian's Shadow + ferris wheel scene)

Someone Like You by Boys Like Girls - Ridge's birthday

Gives You Hell by The All-American Rejects - How Ridge feels about Zach Perry ;)

Hollaback Girl (instrumental) (song by Gwen Stefani) - I played this music while I wrote Abby & Jade's dance recital. I cannot hear this song without imagining Abby's out-of-step dance moves.

Fever by Adam Lambert - Mohawk Horse (at Toxic with Micah, Zoey, & Brittany)

I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift - Confronting Micah at the mall and he confesses to a certain lie

Bleed by Hot Chelle Rae - Ridge realizes his exact feelings for Micah

Run Away by Rookie of the Year - I'm actually going to blog about this song separately (at a later date), but I had no idea what to do for Simple Gray Horse until I heard this song. It was my theme song for this book until I heard GC's "Alive." I still link this song to this book.

Afterglow by Closure - These lyrics fit the end of the book so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment