Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

American Girl on Saturn: New Cover

I'm fully aware that not everyone is going to love my decision to change American Girl on Saturn's cover. But let me explain. When I wrote AGOS, I had no intentions of ever writing another book with those characters. It was a one-time thing, a fluke really. I had tons of other books planned, books I loved more and that were more important, and AGOS was just a fun experiment for trying different promo methods and just to write something outside of my norm. I never expected it to blow up the way it did.

So when the reader demand came in for more books, I agree to write them. I'm completely on board with it. I don't mind at all. But if I write a series, I want them to have a common theme with their covers, so my options were 1) make every cover space-like or 2) change AGOS's cover. I opted for the 2nd. I like AGOS's original cover. If I weren't writing a series, I'd have no problem leaving it. I know a lot of people love it. I know a lot of readers think it's pretty. I know a ton of people said they bought it simply because the cover caught their eye. So yeah, it's risky to change it. However, I feel it's in the best interest of the Saturn series as a whole.

With that, I give you the new face of American Girl on Saturn! :)


Due to this cover change, I'm cleaning out the inventory and giving away a signed paperback of AGOS through Goodreads! This is for USA only. Sorry guys. International shipping is insane!




Goodreads Book Giveaway

American Girl on Saturn by Nikki Godwin

American Girl on Saturn

by Nikki Godwin

Giveaway ends May 03, 2014.
See the giveaway details at Goodreads.
Enter to win

No comments:

Post a Comment