Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Kids In Love: Teaser Tuesday on Wednesday BECAUSE I CAN!

Are you guys keeping up with Emily's countdown to Kids In Love on her blog? If you're reading, please let us know! She puts so much work into this countdown, and I want to see a show of hands as to how many of you are keeping up. You can tweet me or her, FB us, or comment. Also - if you have a favorite post so far, tell us! :D

In other news, I'm rebellious and it's not Tuesday. But... KIDS IN LOVE TEASER!

“You know what would be awesome?” Tate asks, his voice in total fangirl mode – because I know that tone. “You should do a segment for your channel. Right now. With me!”
“Oh my God, you are amazing!” I shout, pretty much right in his ear. There goes the fangirl voice – about three octaves higher than my normal pitch.
I quickly recover. “Sorry,” I say. “That’d be cool.”
Casual and nonchalant, Darby. Casual and nonchalant.
Tate laughs. “Okay, but you have to act normal.”
“Totally normal,” I say, putting my most serious face on.
Tate shakes his head. “No, I mean normal like you normally are,” he says. “Don’t get all professional and serious about it because I’m here. Act like you normally do, all fangirly and freaking out and stuff. It’s cute.”
All fangirly and freaking out and stuff? And stuff? What is that even supposed to mean? I don’t freak out on my channel. I never freak out. I totally don’t freak out! Okay, yeah, I’m freaking out.
But he said it’s cute. How I act is cute. That means I’m cute, right? Tate Kingsley just said I was cute…sort of…in an indirect but totally direct kind of way. Am I supposed to be reading between the lines? Is he trying to flirt with me? God, I hope he’s trying to flirt with me.
“I’m sorry,” Tate says. “That all came out wrong. I didn’t mean it in a bad way. It’s just, you know, your channel is fun, and you have a good personality for it, and I just…don’t want to make it awkward, although I pretty much am.”
After a few deep breaths, I situate the laptop to record, and Tate and I discuss what the segment should be about. He states the obvious – the video shoot and how I got to visit the set. The only problem? SAS’s management will have to clear it before I’m allowed to post it.
It’s weird filming with anyone in the room with me, especially the guy I’m usually gushing over during my segments. Tate keeps his distance while I record the opening lines and get the vlog post rolling.
“Hey guys! It’s Darby from Darby’s Daily Dose of Drama!” I say to the screen, perky and happy as ever. “I know I’ve been a little MIA lately, but some big things have been happening, and it’s been such a whirlwind that I haven’t had a chance to even film this.”
I give ‘Exciting News #1’ and talk briefly about meeting Chloe, making a mental note to “insert cute selfie of us here.” I follow up with ‘Exciting News #2’ aka meeting SAS, followed by a mental note for another photo. And then I announce ‘Exciting News #3.’
“This is by far the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me,” I say, imagining the looks on the faces of all of my viewers when they watch this segment. “I got to go to the set of SAS’s upcoming music video, and it was so incredible that…I brought home a souvenir!”
I reach out of frame and grab Tate’s arm, pulling him over to me in a swift jerk. I hook my arm around his neck and smile at the camera.
“The studio crew said I could keep him!” I exclaim.

2 comments:

  1. I read them! Sometimes I get a little behind, but I always catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god this is too cute!! I need this book NOW!! :D

    ReplyDelete