Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Breaking Saint Jude

I haven't shared a teaser from BREAKING SAINT JUDE in a while. This one is a bit shorter than my usual teasers, but it's a scene I really liked, so I thought I'd give you this snippet. I can't wait for you guys to meet Jude & Max in January! :D



The sunset fades into the gray sky, painting the early nightfall with streaks of color. It’s that perfect time where day and night meet, light and darkness, color among black and white. I push away from Isabella’s Vinyl and step out to the edge of the sidewalk. Max follows me.
He wraps his arms around me from behind and nuzzles his chin into the hollow between my shoulder and neck. “What are you looking at?” he whispers.
“The sky,” I say, feeling about as lame as I sound. “It’s sort of perfect. A blend of day and night.”
“Poetic,” Max says before kissing my cheek.
“Shut up. You listen to boybands…yet you bitch about everything on mainstream radio,” I say. “No wonder you think Benji’s in the closet. He’s the secret you keep in yours.”
Max laughs and pulls away. He shakes his head and glances around, breathing in the night air. “You’re dark, you know that?” he asks.
A streetlight flickers on, almost like it's scared of leaving me out here alone with the nightfall. “I can’t help it,” I say. “Once the sun goes down, all bets are off. Nighttime brings it out in full force.”
Max looks over his shoulder through the window of Isabella’s Vinyl. “It’s a good thing you have me, then,” he says. “Someone’s gotta balance you out. I can handle it, as long as you don’t get all werewolf on me like Levi and howl at the moon.”
He never takes his eyes off the window, so I glance over. Brielle sits on a stool under the light with an acoustic guitar in her hand.
“My dad went into veterinary medicine for a reason, you know,” I say, pushing past Max and making my way back to the door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment