Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2015

The Playlist: Cross Me Off Your List

As with all of my books, it's time to share my sad little playlist for Cross Me Off Your List. I usually have a much lengthier playlist, but it was hard to find songs that really fit the vibe (out of my current selection of music anyway). I'm sure there are plenty of songs out there beyond my knowledge that would fit for the whole spring break party vibe, but these are the songs that found their way onto my CMOYL playlist.



  • Midnight Memories by One Direction - This was a great opening song for the first chapter. 
  • Change Your Ticket by One Direction - This is my official CMOYL song because it fits perfectly. The first time I heard it, I instantly knew it was perfect for this book.
  • Live While We're Young by One Direction - Because the vibe just fit and it was a shout out to AGOS (Fun fact: SAS's hit song is titled after a lyric in this song)
  • This is How We Do by Katy Perry - Another 'vibe' song for this book. Katy Perry was basically my soundtrack while writing this one. 
  • Little Black Dress by One Direction - If you've read Rough Waters, you know just how important this song was! ;) 
  • I Just Wanna Live by Good Charlotte - GC has such a history with my sister and me. (Fun fact: Baccarini is actually named after Benji Madden of GC) This song made the list because it's so Noah's view on how people judge him without knowing him. (He's not some cute BFF type) 
  • Roar by Katy Perry - This is probably my other "official CMOYL anthem" song. It's Marisol's personal anthem, and this song seriously got me through some tough stuff, especially with this series. Thank you, KP!
  • The Other Side by Jason Derulo - This song always reminded me of Marisol & Noah. 
  • Whatever by Hot Chelle Rae - I have no idea why this song made the list, but I listened to it a lot to get in the mood for this book. For some reason, it makes me think of Nat & Noah. 
  • Bad Blood by Taylor Swift - Can I just say I hate this song and it annoys the hell out of me? Seriously, I can't stand it. But the lyrics fit. I'm hesitant about including it since she wrote it about her feud with Katy Perry. But if you've read the book, you can see why it's here. (Btw, I'm Team Katy)

No comments:

Post a Comment