Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Drenaline Surf: Novellas

I thought I'd give you guys an update as to what's going on behind the scenes post-Drenaline Surf series. I've never actually finished a series in full before because I bounce around with a lot of different projects, so this is a new experience for me.

It's been an emotional experience to know that my time writing as Haley has ended, but I will be publishing a Halloween short story in October. If you were subscribed to my newsletter last Halloween, you got the story for free. It's titled Double, Double Toil and Trouble and will be released to the public for 99c on October 20th.

In the meantime, I've been working on a mini series of Drenaline Surf novellas. I know a lot of people don't care for novellas, and that's cool - those people don't have to read them. I enjoy writing novellas and short stories in between bigger projects to keep the writing flow going without diving into something overwhelming right after exiting another big project.

These three novellas - Chasing Swells, Chasing Islands, and Chasing Aloha - are YA romance-themed novellas, each featuring a West Coast Hooligan from the Drenaline Surf series. One is set during WYA's timeline, but the other two are set shortly after the end of WYA. They will also be written in alternating POV between the main girl and her love interest. This is something I've never done with the Drenaline Surf characters, so I'm excited. I've written alternating POV in my Saturn series short stories, so it's not entirely new to me, but in this aspect, it is.



These will be published exclusively to Amazon via the Kindle Unlimited program. I have a love/hate relationship with KU because I don't like to alienate readers on other sites, but my numbers on those sites are super low. With You Around performed much better via iBooks, but this was due to the readers from Wattpad purchasing the final installment. As a whole, Amazon accounts for about 95% of my book sales, and my income from KU has always been better than sales via other channels. I do apologize to anyone who reads via Kobo, Nook, iBooks, or Smashwords. This is a business decision and affects my household income.

The great thing about Amazon is that there is an app that you can use to read books via your cell phone, laptop, tablet, etc. So even though these novellas won't be available on other outlets, there is still a way to purchase/read them via the free app. I actually don't have an e-reader, so I use the app on my phone and laptop.

Thank you all for being so awesome throughout the last few years with this series. It's been an epic adventure, and I can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment